There are lots of places with advice for charities at this time:
• The NCVO has published some useful guidance on their website
• Advice on gov.uk for the Charity sector including meeting and annual return guidance. It can be found on the gov.uk website here
• Charity Commission guidance for those that need an extension to their annual return deadline on gov.uk here
In April, the Scouts made an amendment to the standard group constitution in POR
(Groups 3.23; Districts 4.25; County 5.16) that allowed remote meetings. It reads:
• Electronic voting (such as email) is allowed for decision making of the County/District/Group Executive Committee and its sub-Committees when deemed appropriate by the Chair. In such instances at least 75% of committee members must approve the decision.
• The County/District/Group Executive Committee & its sub-Committees can meet by telephone conference, video conference as well as face to face in order to discharge its responsibilities when agreed by the appropriate Chair.
Members have access to Office 365 and Zoom Pro to enable this, see the section about this on this page.Annual General Meetings
Advice from the Charity Commission on this states that "If you feel that in the best interests of your charity and to follow the governments public health guidance it is necessary to cancel or postpone your charity’s AGM (or any other key meeting) that will be fine. You should record the decision you have made to show good governance."
As long as you as a trustee body are satisfied that the decision to not go ahead is in the best interests of the trustees, membership and beneficiaries the Commission will support you in this.
More information can be found here